There’s spoilers in here. Duh.
So, yes, this is mostly going to be a list of times when Eleven (Millie Bobby Brown) of Stranger Things saved everyone’s asses. Following in the footsteps of Buffy, Xena, Wonder Woman, and so many other women, she is presently TV’s biggest badass.
Let’s run through eleven times when Eleven was amazing:
11. She steals the eggos from the supermarket.
Eleven calls the store manager a “mouthbreather” and then peaces out epically.
10. Eleven saves her friends from some bullies who are literally trying to kill Mike. She is not having that shit.
9. When she volunteers to do this horrifying shit in order to save a kid she’s never even met.
Her captors at the lab have been using her like this for years but she volunteers to do this in order to save Will.
8. This brilliant display of telekinesis.
7. When she defends herself and her friends.
What even happened here? Did she squish their brains with her mental powers? It seems that way.
6. When she kills the Demogorgon.
5. When she shows Hopper that he is not going to tell her what to do.
Although a little difficult to watch because of it’s intensity, this was one of the best acted scenes of Season 2.
4. When she learns how to control her power by pulling a goddamn train.
3. When she returns to Hawkins and announces her presence by throwing a demodog (you’re welcome, Dustin) through the window.
2. When she closes the gate like a motherfucking boss.
1. When she’s the best friend in the world because that’s Eleven’s greatest strength.
I can’t wait to see what happens next season. I hope they expand on the character Eight, Eleven’s sister. It was great to a see a woman of color added to the mix, especially a character with such amazing powers. You don’t always see such well balanced female characters (especially on a show set in the eighties) but stranger things have happened. (Ha! Puns…).